Skip to main content

Interview with Kendrick K. Cooley | Author of Love and Loyalty


How would you describe yourself in one word?

Relentless.

Because when life tried to silence my voice, I turned the noise into poetry. I don’t stop. I evolve.


Why do you feel this is the ideal profession for you?

Writing chose me before I ever chose it. This isn’t just a profession — it’s my resurrection. Every word I write is a survival story, a blueprint for the broken, and a warning to the world: greatness lives here.


Your latest project?

“Love and Loyalty: The Code of Love – The Book That Changed My Life.”

It’s not just a story — it’s a movement. A gripping blend of heartbreak, healing, and high-stakes loyalty that’s already shifting minds and opening hearts. It’s about pain turned into power. It’s about Black brilliance and narrative ownership. It’s about me.


What’s the response you expect from your fans about your latest book?

I expect jaws to drop and minds to awaken. I want readers to close that final page and say, “This didn’t just entertain me — it healed me. It challenged me. It changed me.” Anything less wouldn’t be worthy of the pen I hold.


Can you please tell us about the most successful project you have worked on?

The most successful project? Myself. I turned trauma into art, struggled into strategy, and doubt into dominance. But if we’re talking books — “Moses: Turn My Pain Into Love” took the streets, the charts, and the culture by storm. It wasn’t just read. It was felt.


Your favorite book?

The Coldest Winter Ever by Sister Souljah. It was raw, real, and unapologetic. It showed me the power of truth, even when it’s gritty. It taught me that fiction can expose the facts of our reality.


What is your dream project?

A film series that brings my books to life — gritty, award-worthy, and soul-stirring. I want to put stories of survival, redemption, and unapologetic Black excellence on screens around the world. I want the world to feel us.

And I want Tyler Perry to direct the first one.


Your favorite author?

Besides Kendrick K. Cooley? I’d say Maya Angelou. Her pen had wings — she didn’t write, she freed people. She taught me the weight of words, the beauty of rhythm, and the power of standing tall even after crawling through hell.


How can your fans get updates about you? Your website or social media links?

I stay connected with my tribe.

Follow me on:

📱 Instagram: @IAM5HUNIT

📚 Wattpad: KendrickKCooley

🌐 Official site coming soon — where books meet legacy.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Amazons and Other Stories by Richard Dyer

A Bold Tale of Justice and Empowerment, The Amazons and Other Stories In the realm of storytelling, few collections manage to strike a balance between gripping drama and deep societal commentary like Richard Dyer’s The Amazons and Other Stories. This book is not just a series of narratives, it’s a powerful exploration of female strength, resilience, and the pursuit of justice. Through its main story, The Amazons, and six other diverse tales, the collection address’s universal themes of identity, love, trauma, and survival. Plot, Empowerment, and Impact At the heart of The Amazons, Lindy, a nurse and survivor of a violent attack, takes justice into her own hands alongside Renee and Jenny, forming a vigilante group to protect women and punish predators. Their actions spark both admiration and societal debate, while Lindy’s relationship with Burt, a detective torn between love and duty, adds emotional depth. The story powerfully depicts the solidarity and resilience of women fighting back...

DOUBLE CROSSED AND UNRAVELED by Kelsey Carlee

This memoir recounts the relationships that a young Kelsey experienced, such as how her whole world got turned upside down when she met Howie. It touches on her complicated relationship with her mother, and how the love she developed for Cole nearly cost her life.  The plot makes a full circle from when the author was younger to the adult version of herself, as she grieved the loss of her mother and had to look back at the past to be able to call things what they really were. This book chronicles the author's unraveling through poetry, letters, and recollection as an outlet to heal her past traumas.  Double Crossed and Unraveled is for every survivor of neglect and abuse. It touches on domestic violence, PTSD, sexual assault, complicated grief, addiction, and recovery. It’s easy to get lost in this "riveting" story that's difficult to set down once you begin reading. https://a.co/d/aBAoWDU

Mindfulness for Anxiety Relief by Casey Einstein

Master the art of mindful moments for anxiety relief! Have you ever felt overwhelmed by anxious thoughts that you just can’t shake? Does panic often take over your mind, making it hard to focus? What if there was a gentle, effective way to interrupt anxiety before it takes over your day?  Mindfulness for Anxiety Relief is your compassionate companion to find calm and clarity through simple, practical techniques rooted in mindfulness. Within these pages lies a curated collection of science-based techniques proven to lessen the grip of anxiety. From understanding the true nature of anxiety and debunking common myths to step-by-step methods like sensory grounding and box breathing, you'll uncover tools that empower resilience and calm. With this book, you'll: Within these pages lies a curated collection of science-based techniques proven to lessen the grip of anxiety. From understanding the true nature of anxiety and debunking common myths to step-by-step methods like sensory grou...