Skip to main content

Interview with Melissa Pombo | Author of " The Last Bite "

Interesting interview of Melissa Pombo, the author of  " The Last Bite " who spend the fifteen year in writing process of this book "THE LAST BITE".  

Read the full interview and see what's the our favorite writer said about her life, her passion and her novels..



Q : How would you describe yourself in one word?   

I would describe myself as Original. I really do march to the beat of my own drum.

 

Q : Do you have a specific reason or reasons for writing " The Last Bite " , Can you please tell us a bit about the book?    

I have always wanted to be a writer. I had an idea for a strong yet vulnerable female heroine so, I sat down and THE LAST BITE emerged. I have taken my lead character Kina, and thrust her into the supernatural world of Vampires, Werewolves and other beings. I chose to create my own rules for my books, making the story new and exciting for readers. 

 

Q : Can you please share with us your experience to writing this book? 

Writing THE LAST BITE was a fifteen year process. One that sometimes felt like such a burden that I would step away from it for a few years. I did not know my own writing style nor had I really found my confidence at that point in my literary voice. I am proud of THE LAST BITE for what it means to me. Plus, it's just a great story.

 


Q : Who’s the most important character of this book ? 

The most important character in THE LAST BITE is Kina Rey. Her journey and growth throughout the book shows what happens when you mix an iron will with pure determination.

 

Q : Is there anything else you would like to tell us about your debut novel? 

I do have some extraordinary news regarding THE LAST BITE. This is actually the first time that I have publicly shared my big secret. The next book that I am working on is going to be a re-writing of THE LAST BITE. Now that I have found my voice, I am going to use it to improve an already good book. I want to take my experience and wrap it into the revised novel making a good book great. The new title will be, THE LAST BITE: the re-VAMP.

 

Q : Any upcoming book? 

I have two books coming out in the next six months. The first is HOW NOT TO BECOME A VAMPIRE, a gripping story about yet another strong female character. It will be available on Amazon this month. The following book which is now at my proofreaders is called, THE MISADVENTURES OF FINN. It will be available for purchase early next year.

 


Q : What do you do when not working? 

You can usually find me surrounded by my dogs doing yard work when I am not writing. I do enjoy camping as well as kayaking. My other superpower besides writing kick butt novels is that I can crochet a mean quilt.

 

Q : Where do you see yourself in three years from now, or where would you like to be? 

In three years, I hope to be doing the same exact thing, bringing my imagination to life on paper and hopefully enjoying some vacation time, on some beach, with a fruity drink.


Q : What is your favorite quote? 

"Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it" L.M. Montgomery.

 

Q : Finally, if you could pass on a single piece of advice to authors out there reading this interview, what would it be? 

Every first draft is crap. Re-write it and then do it again. Don't give up. When you can't think of the right words or you find yourself with writers block, step away. Do something fun. Enjoy your life for a time. When you come back to your novel, it will be like embracing and old friend. Never stop writing.


Follow Melissa Pombo on Instagram

@authormelissapombo 

The Last Bite by Melissa Pombo









Comments

  1. I watched this author struggle with her writing. She never believed in it or herself and it is an amazing pleasure to be a ble to read this in actual print. She's an amazing woman, mom and friend.

    K.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Unique Creatures - Book Series by Willow Foster-Thorpe

Willow Foster Book series is Unique Creatures  Understanding deafness with Felix the Frog  Come along on an exciting adventure with Felix the Frog, who is deaf and uses Makaton, which is a type of sign language.  Together, with his friend Rupert the Snail, they explore the library and meet a very serious and strict librarian who is a Ladybird, who likes everyone to be quite in the library, the trouble is that Felix cannot help but shout! www.amazon.co.uk/Understanding-Deafness-Felix-Frog-Creatures/dp/1802276513 Understanding autism with Rupert the snail  Come along on an exciting adventure with Rupert the snail, who has autism, and see him take a thrilling train ride to visit his cousins.  Together with his cousins, Betty and Stanley, they enjoy spending time at the park, but not everyone understands autism and some creatures get upset when Stanley does not wait for his turn on the slide. Learn about autism with Rupert the snail. www.amazon.co.uk/Understanding-autism-Rupert-Snail-Creat

Complex Mental Health: The Benefits Of Social Prescribing by Dr. Nàdia Correia

Mental health is like a journey with many winding roads. Like any voyage, its terrain can be difficult to navigate, and it’s full of unexpected turns, bumps along the way, and moments of clarity. Despite the abundance of research and resources devoted to mental health, it is often still ignored or even stigmatized. This is especially true in more traditional or conservative communities and societies where mental health issues are not openly discussed. Unfortunately, these attitudes can lead to a lack of understanding and perpetuation of stigma surrounding mental illness. This can cause individuals to suffer in silence, believing that it is not acceptable to talk about their struggles. This book seeks to change this outlook by giving readers a comprehensive overview of the complexities of mental health and why discussing it openly is essential for making progress. Through the lens of social prescribing, readers will learn how evidence-based strategies are being used to better support

DASH & VI by Kaytee Cahill

Embark on an enchanting journey with sugar gliders Dash and Vi, the most adorable duo you'll ever meet! Get ready to dive into a world of excitement, exploration and friendship with search-to-find rhyming riddles in "DASH & VI" by Kaytee Cahill. In this charming children's book, Dash and Vi, two curious sugar gliders take readers on thrilling adventures with vibrant illustrations that breathe life into every scene. "DASH & VI" invites children to immerse themselves in a world of captivating imagery. Every page is a gateway to a new destination, where imagination knows no bounds and Dash and Vi await to be found. Perfect for children of all ages, "DASH & VI" is not only an entertaining read but also an educational journey. It fosters cognitive development, boosts problem-solving abilities, nurtures a love for exploration and introduces children to the world of sugar gliders. Let Dash and Vi be your child's guide to an unforgettable a