Skip to main content

Interview with Trey Stone | Author of The Consequence Of Loyalty

Interesting interview of Trey Stone, the author of  "THE CONSEQUENCE OF LOYALTY" .  Read the full interview and see what's the THE CONSEQUENCE OF LOYALTY, Author tells us about the reasons of writing this book & how's the experience of writing this interesting book.. 


Q : How would you describe yourself in one word?
 

I think I would have to go with ‘determined’, or maybe ‘passionate’, when it comes to my writing. In my daily life I would maybe go with ‘organized’ or ‘meticulous’ but that’s kind of unrelated, haha!


Q : Do you have a specific reason or reasons for writing  " THE CONSIQUNCE OF LOYALTY " , Can you please tell us a bit about the book? 

I got an idea to write a thriller where instead of focusing on ‘who’ had done the crime, like in a standard ‘whodunnit’, I foucsed on ‘why.’ That whole idea was kind of what got the ball rolling and I just went with it. 

My novel is a psychological thriller and it’s about an FBI agent who gets shot. The shooter is revealed to be another agent. The shooter gives himself up immediately, but he won’t say a word, so it’s up to his friends and colleagues to figure out why he has done what he has done. It’s fast-paced and gritty, and it definitely keeps you on the edge of your seat.

 

Q : Can you please share with us your experience to writing this book?

In one sense, it’s the easiest book I’ve ever written, but that’s probably the way it should be with a first book – you always want your next writing to be better, right? It was a steep learning curve, but it was also a lot of fun, and once I found my editor and got the help I needed it turned out amazing.

 

Q : Who’s the most important character of this book ?

Jordan Greer is the main character, a brilliant but troubled FBI agent who is quick to anger, drinks too much and has various addictions, and says exactly what he means to anyone. He is extremely loyal to his friends, often to the point where he doesn’t care what he has to do to help them. There are a couple of other characters who I also consider protagonists, but Jordan Greer is my main one. He’s a lot of fun to write and even more fun to read!

Q : Is there anything else you would like to tell us about this book?

That if you buy it and read it now, it won’t be long until book 2 comes out! And that one is even better.

 


Q : How's your feelings when you get best response from your fans about "THE CONSIQUNCE OF LOYALTY"?

I love every moment of it. The fact that someone is entertained or moved by something I have created is unlike nothing else. It’s what keeps me going, really, it plays a big part in motivating me and inspiring me to keep going. Like I said, book 2 is coming out soon and I’ve already written the draft for the third and last book in the series. I can’t wait till people get their hands on it.
 

Q : What do you do when not working?

I have a day job that keeps me busy from 9 to 5 which is why I usually get all my writing done in the mornings. When I’m not writing I like to play music (I play the guitar and sing) or I workout. I’m spending a lot of time these days to try and lose weight and get fit. Thankfully, it’s working! When I need to relax I play video games or go for hikes in the mountains. I also always have a couple of books on hand to read, either a good old paperback or kindle books on my phone. When I work I usually often listen to audiobooks, depending on what I’m working with.



Q : Where do you see yourself in three years from now, or where would you like to be.

Hopefully I’ve written a few more books by then, and if everything goes according to plan more people are reading them as well. Other than that, I’m not picky. I write a lot of short stories and have my hopes out to get them in some anthologies, but we’ll see. Oh, and I am collaborating on a fantasy project with an old friend so maybe we get that off the ground by then!


Q : What is your favourite quote?

I’m not sure I have a favorite quote, but I was recently reminded of the Wayne Gretzky quote: “You miss 100 percent of the shots you never take,” and there’s something very inspiring about that. Makes you want to take some chances, you know?


Q : Finally, if you could pass on a single piece of advice to authors out there reading this interview, what would it be?

Do the thing. Whatever it is, do the thing, right now. The only thing that can stop you from achieving your dreams is you. Don’t stop.

 

Follow Trey Stone on Instagram

@treystoneauthor 

THE CONSEQUENCE OF LOYALTY

 

 

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unique Creatures - Book Series by Willow Foster-Thorpe

Willow Foster Book series is Unique Creatures  Understanding deafness with Felix the Frog  Come along on an exciting adventure with Felix the Frog, who is deaf and uses Makaton, which is a type of sign language.  Together, with his friend Rupert the Snail, they explore the library and meet a very serious and strict librarian who is a Ladybird, who likes everyone to be quite in the library, the trouble is that Felix cannot help but shout! www.amazon.co.uk/Understanding-Deafness-Felix-Frog-Creatures/dp/1802276513 Understanding autism with Rupert the snail  Come along on an exciting adventure with Rupert the snail, who has autism, and see him take a thrilling train ride to visit his cousins.  Together with his cousins, Betty and Stanley, they enjoy spending time at the park, but not everyone understands autism and some creatures get upset when Stanley does not wait for his turn on the slide. Learn about autism with Rupert the snail. www.amazon.co.uk/Understanding-autism-Rupert-Snail-Creat

DASH & VI by Kaytee Cahill

Embark on an enchanting journey with sugar gliders Dash and Vi, the most adorable duo you'll ever meet! Get ready to dive into a world of excitement, exploration and friendship with search-to-find rhyming riddles in "DASH & VI" by Kaytee Cahill. In this charming children's book, Dash and Vi, two curious sugar gliders take readers on thrilling adventures with vibrant illustrations that breathe life into every scene. "DASH & VI" invites children to immerse themselves in a world of captivating imagery. Every page is a gateway to a new destination, where imagination knows no bounds and Dash and Vi await to be found. Perfect for children of all ages, "DASH & VI" is not only an entertaining read but also an educational journey. It fosters cognitive development, boosts problem-solving abilities, nurtures a love for exploration and introduces children to the world of sugar gliders. Let Dash and Vi be your child's guide to an unforgettable a

Complex Mental Health: The Benefits Of Social Prescribing by Dr. Nàdia Correia

Mental health is like a journey with many winding roads. Like any voyage, its terrain can be difficult to navigate, and it’s full of unexpected turns, bumps along the way, and moments of clarity. Despite the abundance of research and resources devoted to mental health, it is often still ignored or even stigmatized. This is especially true in more traditional or conservative communities and societies where mental health issues are not openly discussed. Unfortunately, these attitudes can lead to a lack of understanding and perpetuation of stigma surrounding mental illness. This can cause individuals to suffer in silence, believing that it is not acceptable to talk about their struggles. This book seeks to change this outlook by giving readers a comprehensive overview of the complexities of mental health and why discussing it openly is essential for making progress. Through the lens of social prescribing, readers will learn how evidence-based strategies are being used to better support